Slam Turbo Basketball System
1. VERTICAL POLE – Vertical pole shall be one-piece 4” square (sectional posts not
considered equal) with a minimum 11 gauge wall thickness and allow for burying 36” in
concrete. Posts with thinner wall thickness are not considered equal. Posts intended to be
buried less than 36” are not considered equal. Pole shall have a watertight vinyl cap to seal
2. EXTENSION ARMS – Adjustable extension arms shall be constructed of dual 2” x 2”
tubing. Extension shall allow for a minimum 24” from front of post to face of backboard
with rim at 10’ playing height. Pole structure design shall allow for rim height to be adjusted
in six inch increments from 10’ down to 7 ’ by means of a removable pin which secures the
adjustment handle into a pin bracket. Two springs mounted in the extension assembly shall
be included to counteract the weight of the backboard and rim making one-person
adjustments easy. Pole design shall permit the rim to be mounted directly to the extension
arm through the backboard so as to reduce stress on the backboard.
3. BACKBOARD – Constructed of 1/4” thick clear tempered glass with bright white
ceramic markings fired into the glass. The framework shall be constructed from clear
anodized aluminum “L” type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be
approximately 54” wide and 36” high.
4. RIM – Standard rim shall be of a flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact.
Spring action shall be provided by a heavy duty compression wire spring. A steel coverplate
must enclose entire internal mechanism. All structural components shall be built of no less
than 3/16” steel. Rim shall be of institutional quality with an official 5/8”diameter high
strength steel ring supported by a 3/16” brace supporting 60% of the ring. Rim shall be
punched to mount either a 3”x 4” or 5”x 5” hole pattern. Orange powdercoated finish.
5. WARRANTY – Pole, backboard, and standard rim shall carry Lifetime Superior
Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 205#.
|Dimensions||54 × 36 × 60 in|