Slam Select Basketball System – Product Specification
1. VERTICAL POLE – Vertical pole shall be one-piece 4″ square (sectional posts not considered equal)
with a minimum 11 gauge wall thickness and allow for burying 36″ in concrete. Posts with thinner wall
thickness are not considered equal. Posts intended to be buried less than 36″ are not considered
equal. Pole shall have a watertight vinyl cap to seal out moisture.
2. EXTENSION ARMS – Adjustable extension arms shall be constructed of dual 2″ x 2″ tubing.
Extension shall allow for a minimum 24″ from front of post to face of backboard with rim at 10′ playing
height. Pole structure design shall allow for rim height to be adjusted in six inch increments from 10′
down to 7 ‘ by means of a removable pin which secures the adjustment handle into a pin bracket. Two
springs mounted in the extension assembly shall be included to counteract the weight of the backboard
and rim making one-person adjustments easy. Pole design shall permit the rim to be mounted directly
to the extension arm through the backboard so as to reduce stress on the backboard.
3. BACKBOARD – Constructed of 1/2″ thick acrylic with bright white screening. The framework shall be
constructed from clear anodized aluminum “L” type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be
approximately 60″ wide and 36″ high.
4. RIM – Standard rim shall be of a flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. Spring
action shall be provided by a heavy duty compression wire spring. A steel coverplate must enclose
entire internal mechanism. All structural components shall be built of no less than 3/16″ steel. Rim shall
be of institutional quality with an official 5/8″diameter high strength steel ring supported by a 3/16″
brace supporting 60% of the ring. Rim shall be punched to mount either a 3″x 4″ or 5″x 5″ hole pattern.
Orange powdercoated finish.
5. WARRANTY – Pole, backboard, and standard rim shall carry Lifetime Limited Warranty. Entire
system weight shall be approximately 215#
|Dimensions||60 × 36 × 60 in|