1. VERTICAL POLE – Vertical post shall be constructed of steel with a black powdercoat
finish. The vertical post shall be 6” square tubing with a 3/16” wall thickness. A 3/8” thick
baseplate and 4 support gussets shall be welded at the bottom of the vertical pole to allow the
unit to be installed via an anchoring system.
2. EXTENSION ARM – Main (adjustable) extension arm tube shall be constructed of dual 2”
x 4” (11 ga.) tubing. Extension shall allow for a minimum 48” from front of post to face of
backboard at any given playing height. The height adjustment crank cylinder shall have a
minimum 11,000# capacity rating and be located no higher than 4’ from ground level so as to
make adjustment possible by all ages. Pole structure design shall allow for rim height to be
adjusted infinitely from 10’ down to 5 1/2’. Adjustment mechanism shall include an optional
locking device to control unwanted adjustment. A spring loaded backup safety device shall
be included to minimize the amount of effort required to adjust the goal height when raising
or lowering the unit. Pole design shall permit the rim to be mounted directly to the extension
arm through the backboard so as to reduce stress on the backboard when player hangs on the
rim. An easy-to-read height adjustment label shall register rim height.
3. BACKBOARD – Constructed of 1/2” thick acrylic with bright white screening. The
framework shall be constructed from clear anodized aluminum “F” type extrusions.
Overall backboard size shall be approximately 72” wide and 42” high.
4. RIM – Flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. The rim shall be of
institutional quality with an official 5/8” diameter ring. Ring opening diameter shall
be the standard 18” I.D. Rim shall have an orange powder coated finish. Heavy-duty
nylon net shall be provided.
5. WARRANTY – Pole, backboard, and standard rim shall carry a Lifetime Superior
Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 380#
|Dimensions||72 × 42 × 60 in|