The cheapest time to buy propane lies between late September to early October. The reasons that propane becomes inexpensive during this time are:
- Stable weather conditions
- Low demand
- Most have begun to prepare for adverse weather conditions
- There are no outings happening during this time
To summarize, stable weather conditions and low demand drops the Propane prices.
How can you tell when a propane tank is empty?
There are three simple ways to tell if your propane tank requires an immediate refill:
- Hot water cool touch method: Slowly pour hot water down one side of your propane tank. Run your hands along with the size of the tank. If the water is warm at the top of the tank, it is empty.
- Gauge method: Attach the gauge between your propane tank and your camping gear and get the readings. Adjust the outside temperature to get more accurate readings.
- Weight method: If you have a scale with you, use it to weigh the propane tank. You will get an obvious answer.